What We Do
Destination Downtown Lancaster is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that focuses on the revitalization of Downtown Lancaster. We believe that revitalization comes through fostering a sense of community, attracting and retaining businesses, and planning for the future.
Is to enhance downtown's business climate while promoting and preserving our historic identity as a center of cultural activity.
Downtown Lancaster Update - September 17, 2015
Downtown Lancaster Update - July 8, 2015
• Organize, market and effectively run special events that draw community members and visitors to downtown businesses and/or foster a sense of community.
• Foster civic pride and keep downtown beautiful through beautification projects.
• Attract and retain businesses to downtown by helping them attract new customers through events and marketing efforts.
• Encourage community involvement through volunteer opportunities during events, on committees or serving on the Board of Directors.
• Market downtown businesses, museums, restaurants as a destination to the community and visitors.
• Communicate with and connect interested buyers/renters/sellers/investors.
• Create a business incubator.
• Pursue more public off-street parking
• By the end of 2015 Destination Downtown Lancaster (DDL) will have hosted more than a dozen events in downtown drawings
thousands of people to downtown.
• The Placemaking Committee continues to meet on a monthly basis to discuss & implement downtown beautification projects including, the mural project, sculpture program and the outdoor pianos.
• The Marketing Committee comprised of downtown business owners meets every other month to discuss marketing ideas for downtown. DDL has created co-op marketing opportunities, created and continually update marketing materials that promote every shop, restaurant, museum and salon, maintain an attractive website which lists those businesses previously mentioned, and use social media outlets to promote events and activities at businesses.
• DDL currently has over 100 people involved on a regular basis in downtown either through event volunteering, being on committees or the Board of Directors.
• DDL has increased their focus on marketing downtown Lancaster as a destination by creating marketing materials that promote all downtown businesses (shops, restaurants, museums, salons) and dispersed those throughout Fairfield County, increased marketing to the Hocking Hills tourists, maintain an attractive and informative website (mobile & desktop), active on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, and reach out to local media to help promote new businesses or events.
• Communicate with interested renters, buyers and sellers to try to help meet their needs. DDL maintains an available downtown properties online database. Downtown Apartments are 100% full and the demand has created a market for investors to create more housing options in downtown.
• Working with and pushing forward with the Keller Market House which will be a downtown business incubator for agriculture, crafts, arts, soaps, bakers, etc.
• Working with the Mayor’s Parking Task Force. Made suggestions for improved off street parking which were approved by City Council in September 2015.
• On a Tight Marketing Budget? How to Land a Customer.
• Capitalize on the Holiday Season
• Living the Vida Local
• Lure Local Shoppers (via American Express)
General Business Tips:
• What Can Be Learned From A Mouse With Big Ears
• Customers Will Pay More
• Cost of Starting A Retail Shop
• Business Building Tips
• Customer Retention is critical to your business
• Superior Customer Service Strategies
• 10 Reasons to Shop Local